Job Title: Civil Engineer, PE
Reporting to: Engineering Operations Manager
Office Location: 219 N Newnan Street, 2ND Floor, Jacksonville, FL 32202
Work status: Full-time
Work Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm & as needed to meet deadlines
Pay Requirements: $80,000 to $125,000 Base Salary + Performance Bonus + Benefits
In search of a Civil Engineer to perform Civil Engineering design services for multiple types of land development projects in the North Florida area. The right candidate will be required to design and permit a variety of civil engineering projects in the North Florida area. Duties may also include performing construction administration services, stormwater permitting and inspections, technical and financial analysis, complex engineering calculations, reviews, research, interpretation and implementation of construction plans and specifications, prepare a variety of reports, and perform other related duties as assigned. The Civil engineer will lead a team of technical staff to perform the day-to-day operations necessary to accomplish the completion of the required assigned projects.
- Plan, design and manage individual land development projects.
- Lead design team as well as coordinate with project owner, Architects and other consultants.
- Develop project objectives by reviewing project proposals, plans, and conferring with supervisor.
- Provide project proposals for design and permitting services as necessary.
- Develop and modify the design contract documents which include design plans, calculations and contracts.
- Prepare design and inspection reports, contract documents, specifications, plans, estimates etc.
- Provide stormwater design calculations for treatment and attenuation as required for permitting with St Johns River Water Management District and the City of Jacksonville.
- Provide the design of the domestic Water and Fire systems as required to meet the requirements of JEA and the City of Jacksonville.
- Provide sanitary sewer design and sanitary lift station design as required to service the proposed developments and as required by JEA and the Florida Department of Environmental Protection.
- Permit coordination of all required permits with the local permitting agencies including, the City of Jacksonville, JEA, St Johns River Water Management District, Florida Department of Environmental Development and Florida Department of Transportation.
- Determine project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, performance standards, completing technical studies and preparing cost estimates.
- Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities and resolving problems.
- Coordinate with internal team members to ensure project completion by defined deadlines and established quality.
- Coordinate technical review processing and code reviews
- Control project plan by reviewing design, specifications, plan and schedule changes, and recommending actions.
- Maintain company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Proficient in design software such as AutoCad Civil 3D, Interconnected Pond Routing, Watercad, Excel, and HydroFlow.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university with major coursework in an engineering curriculum or a field related to the area of assignment.
- Minimum 2 years of professional engineering experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above.
- Knowledge of Autocad Civil 3D is a must.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- The perfect candidate will have experience with design and permitting projects in the North Florida area.
Must be willing to make site visits and walk in undeveloped wooded areas as required for pre-construction, during construction and post construction inspections. May be required to lift heavy objects, excessive walking, driving, bending, and reaching, pointing or directing objects or materials. The general physical demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Most of the work will be expected to be performed at the main office of Baker Design Build, located at 219 N Newnan Street in Jacksonville Florida. Occasionally site visits to project locations or offsite meetings may be required. In some situations, travel outside of Jacksonville may also be expected.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com