Job Title: Lead Senior Structural Engineer
Reporting to: Engineering Operations Manager
Office Location: 219 N. Newnan Street, 2nd Floor, Jacksonville, FL
Work status: Full-time
Work Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm & as needed to meet deadlines
Pay Rate: $95,000 to $150,000 Base Salary + Performance Bonus + Benefits
In search of a Lead Senior Structural Engineer to be responsible for providing leadership, technical oversight, performance monitoring and continuous improvement of the structural engineering group. The right candidate will also be required to design and analyze a variety of structural design projects from concept to construction. Duties may also include proposals, inspections, technical and financial analysis, report creation and performance of other assigned duties. The Lead Structural Engineer will lead a team of technical staff to perform the day-to-day operations necessary to accomplish the completion of the assigned projects.
- Lead and supervise engineer(s) & design team(s) as well as coordinate with various sub-consultants.
- Establish and review key performance indicators and make management decisions as necessary to ensure the team is meeting or exceeding client standards, contract performance goals and financial objectives.
- Develop and implement strategic objectives aligned with the company’s strategic initiatives.
- Establish management of technical requirements and ensure they are effectively implemented across the structural division.
- Maintain effective communication with all external and internal customers, including Clients, Subconsultants, Engineering and Construction staff.
- Responsible for setting project, department and/or division deadlines and budgets.
- Review complex financial/business analysis and reports prepared by subordinates. Develop and implement financial policies and procedures. Approve and oversee structural division budget.
- Develop annual plan, individual performance objectives and drive performance improvement across the Structural Engineering Division.
- Coordinate with internal team members to ensure project completion by defined deadlines and established quality.
- Solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations.
- Develop and modify design contract documents, including construction plans and design calculations.
- Prepare design and inspection reports, contract documents, specifications, plans, estimates etc.
- Maintain project schedule, design and permitting by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems.
- Marketing and business development including, preparation of proposals, participating in interviews and presentations, and direct interaction with existing and potential clients.
- Mentor project engineers and engineers in training.
- Utilize existing professional contacts, association networking, and sector expertise to grow our existing client service offering as well as gaining new clients/accounts.
- Review design and inspection reports, contract documents, specifications, plans, estimates etc.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering related field, such as structural engineering and equivalent industry experience.
- PE Designation.
- Ten years of professional engineering experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of CAD is a must.
- Knowledge of REVIT is desired.
- Capable of developing and cultivating client relationships and exhibits enthusiasm in moving ahead in their career.
- A high level of self-management, commitment and trust with an affinity with underlying company values and an approach that permits effective communication and collaboration with Principals.
- Active participation in local association chapters, the respect of the local community as an industry leader and a verifiable network of strong industry contacts necessary for continued and expanded success.
- Ability to respond effectively to a variety of issues from client to project to personnel.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups.
- Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management and client groups to take desired action.
- Proven knowledge of Project Management and Project Controls best practices.
- Ability to lead multi-faceted projects in an executive capacity and command client respect in a billable position.
- Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based multi-industry sales environment.
The general physical demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some work require climbing a ladder, excessive walking, driving, bending, reaching, pointing or directing objects or materials.
The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Most of the work will be expected to be performed at the main office of Baker Design Build, located at 219 N Newnan Street in Jacksonville Florida. Occasionally site visits to project locations or offsite meetings may be required. In some situations, travel outside of Jacksonville may also be expected.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com